May is National Bike Month, so dust off your favorite pair of wheels and join in! In this episode of Let’s Talk Climate, we talk about the joys of active transportation, helping new riders gain confidence, the equitable infrastructure needed for greater ridership, and the role of bikes in the just and equitable transition away from fossil fuels.
Image credit: Summer Hanson (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0)
Special guests Amelia Neptune and Noa Banayan are national leaders in bicycle advocacy and, in this episode, they offer their view on key topics related to bicycle-based climate action. Some of the resources mentioned in our conversation are here:
- Local bike resources map – Find a local bike advocacy group, local bike shop, bike clubs, safety instructors, and more.
- Bicycle Friendly Business program: https://bikeleague.org/bfa/business/
- More about National Bike Month: https://bikeleague.org/events/bike-month/
- The League’s Action Center – Sign on to voice your support for bicycle-friendly policies
- Ride Spot is a tool to help employers design bike incentive programs
- League of American Bicyclists homepage: https://bikeleague.org/
- PeopleForBikes homepage: https://www.peopleforbikes.org/
About the Author
Brett Matulis, Communities Program Director, ecoAmerica
Stay connected and get updates from Path to Positive.Subscribe