Your Voice Matters: Become a Path to Positive Ambassador
Americans are growing more concerned about climate change. As they experience impacts to their health, livelihoods, and communities, they are increasingly looking for guidance on solutions from leaders in their daily lives — community leaders like you. The Path to Positive Ambassador training will empower and equip you to inspire your community, colleagues, the public, and policymakers to take action on climate change that makes a difference.
In this free, four hour training you will learn the links between climate, people and our communities, the spectrum of solutions, speaking effectively on the topic, and opportunities to act and advocate. This training will equip civic leaders and community advocates with knowledge, hands-on experience, and resources to speak and act confidently on climate change and solutions. The training, along with the cohort of like-minded leaders, will enable ambassadors to inspire their communities, colleagues, the public, and policymakers to develop climate solutions that protect our families and communities now and ensure a prosperous, just, and secure future.
The Path to Positive Communities Ambassador Training is available in-person, live online through Path to Positive partners, and now through a *NEW* online, on-demand learning management system! Below are the opportunities for you to join the training and also the community of Path to Positive Ambassadors passionate about being a voice for climate solutions. We hope you'll join us!
Get Started Now
- Sign up for the Path to Positive Ambassadors online course to become a Path to Positive Ambassador today. Use the code P2PAmbassador21 to register.
- You can preview the Path to Positive Ambassadors Agreement here.
- Check out the resources available to Path to Positive Ambassadors, including:
- Path to Positive Moving Forward Guide
- Let's Talk Communities & Climate: Communication Guidance for City and Community Leaders
- Mental Health and Our Changing Climate
- MomentUs: Join the call for more ambitious and Just climate action.
- Request a talk from a Path to Positive Ambassador in your community: email@example.com
- Stay in touch with Path to Positive. Subscribe here.
Online Learning Management System (LMS)
Now available online and on-demand, we have launched a Learning Management System, Litmos, that allows you to take this course online at your own pace:
1. Go to: https://ecoamerica.litmos.com/self-signup/
2. Enter in the code P2PAmbassador21 to register
3. Then, check your email for the invitation to set up your profile and get started
You will have 6 weeks to complete the training and sign up as a Path to Positive Ambassador. During this time you will receive reminders from us to check in on your progress.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need help getting started!
The live training option requires a four-hour commitment and is hosted with Path to Positive partners. This training can be conducted live online via Zoom or in-person. We typically host in-person trainings at national or regional conferences, or other large gatherings of community and civic leaders. Note: We are currently following Covid-19 guidelines as we plan any future in-person events.
Core content includes:
- Introduction, Communities lead the way
- Climate Science Overview
- Community Impacts: Built, Human, and Natural
- Climate Injustice
- Climate Solutions and Benefits
- Specialty Module for your Organization and Members
- Communicating Climate
- Advocacy and Engagement
- Getting Started as an Ambassador
If you are interested in hosting the full four-hour Path to Positive Training, please contact email@example.com.
Upon completion of the training, we invite you to sign the Ambassador Agreement and become a Path to Positive Ambassador.
Signing up gives you access to:
- Tools, resources and events to act and advocate for climate solutions.
- Access to a private online community of Ambassadors from across the nation who are passionate about being a voice for climate solutions.
- Quarterly calls with all Path to Positive Ambassadors.
Request an Ambassador Talk in Your Community
Path to Positive Ambassadors commit to giving three informational climate change and solutions presentations each year. Events like conferences, small-group forums and retreats are perfect times to host a Path to Positive Ambassador in your community.
Ambassadors will share a baseline of knowledge on climate change, its impacts and solutions, and how to effectively advocate for climate solutions that benefit our health.
Find a Path to Positive Ambassador in your area.
Click title to sort by column.