Each week we share the stories that shouldn’t be missed. Local climate leaders, the latest in community climate action, and practical climate solutions are all featured to highlight the good news coming out of cities. These are the top stories of the week:
- Leaders in California are exploring a bold new cap-and-trade plan that will address social injustice and benefit climate. (Los Angeles Times)
- Finding good information on climate change can be difficult, fortunately there are a few great websites that can empower Americans with credible, fact-based information. (Moms Clean Air Force)
- Republicans across the country are beginning to address climate change. (TIME)
- To help bolster local action, Path to Positive Communities and ecoAmerica hosted a webinar to train community leaders to speak effectively about climate.
- This week’s blog explored the ambitious new climate action plan being implemented by Mayor Eric Garcetti and his team in Los Angeles.