Each week we share the stories that shouldn’t be missed. Local climate leaders, the latest in community climate action, and practical climate solutions are all featured to highlight the good news coming out of cities. These are the top stories of the week:
- Climate leaders in Salt Lake City and throughout Utah are implementing one of the boldest solar plans in the country. (Desert News)
- In the American Midwest, climate change isn’t something often discussed—but its consequences are real, and residents have already sprung into action. (New York Times)
- The Mayors of Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle and San Francisco have just committed to investing in 24,000 electric vehicles. (Next City)
- To help bolster local action, Path to Positive Communities and ecoAmerica have continued to promote the upcoming webinar on communities and climate, which will take place on 2/16.
- This week’s blog examined the role energy efficiency can play in municipal climate action plans. By implementing increased efficiency standards, cities can modernize communities, bolster local economies, and create stable, well paying jobs—all while paving the way for a healthier, cleaner climate.